Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I wanted to send you a quick reminder about three upcoming in-district events happening in September.
1. Veterans dental event
This Friday, Sept. 1, Dr. Ron Schoepflin will be opening his office and donating services (cleanings, exams and x-rays) to United States military veterans and their families. NOTE: Although Dr. Schoepflin’s schedule is now full for this Friday, he is taking reservations for future events. If you know of a veteran in need of dental services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a future appointment. Services are free to veterans who don’t have the ability to pay, and a sliding fee schedule is available for those with limited resources.
- When: Friday, Sept. 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: 6500 SE Mile Hill Road, Port Orchard, WA 98366
- What: Dentists will provide free cleanings, exams and x-rays to veterans and their families.
I will be volunteering at this Friday’s event and look forward to seeing you there!
2. Public hearing to reconsider a proposal to build a new Harrison Medical Center hospital in Silverdale.
On Sept. 8 at 10:30 a.m., the state Department of Health (DOH) will hold a reconsideration hearing regarding the department’s approval of CHI Franciscan Hospital’s certificate of need application earlier this year. If the DOH’s original decision remains unchanged, 242 licensed beds will be relocated from Harrison Bremerton to Harrison Silverdale, and the East Bremerton hospital will eventually be closed. I believe such a move would cause hardships for our most vulnerable residents in Bremerton, and have been working closely with Rep. Sherry Appleton, Bremerton Mayor Patty Lent and Bremerton City Councilman Richard Huddy to prevent this from happening. I urge you to join us at the hearing and make your voice heard.
- When: Friday, Sept. 8 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Where: 134 Marion Ave. N., Bremerton, WA 98312 (in the Board Room of the Bremerton School District Office)
- What: On May 19, 2017, the DOH issued Certificate of Need (CN) #1601 to CHI Franciscan Health. CN #1601 would approve the relocation of 242 acute care beds from Harrison Medical Center’s Bremerton campus to its Silverdale campus. On June 15 and June 16, 2017, the DOH received a total of three requests to reconsider the May 19 issuance of CN #1601. On July 17, 2017, the department granted a reconsideration hearing.
3. League of Women Voters event: “Finding Common Ground”
On Sept. 26 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., I will join Rep. Sherry Appleton at the Norm Dicks Government Center in Bremerton to discuss our records of working across the aisle as state legislators. This event was featured in the Kitsap Daily News yesterday.
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 26 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Norms Dicks Government Center, 345 6th St., Ste. 500, Bremerton, Washington 98337
- What: Part of the League of Women Voter’s program this year is civil political discourse. I look forward to sitting down with Rep. Appleton for a great night of conversation as we reflect on how we found common ground during this past session and in ones before it.
As always, I welcome you to contact me with your comments, questions and concerns. My email address is email@example.com, and my phone number is (360) 786-7802. I’m also happy to meet with you in district.
It is an honor to serve as your state representative.